http://www.tm.org/blog/yoga/power-of-yoga-and-transcendence/

Q: When did you learn the TM technique?

Ian: I learned TM in college in 1994. It was a high-pressure environment, and
TM helped me focus, discover what I really loved to study, and dramatically
improved my health.

Jenny: I learned TM in 2007. I had wanted to meditate ever since I started
yoga. I felt like something was missing in my practice. I tried so many
different types of meditation, but I always felt restless, always looking at my
watch, very antsy. It was very frustrating to me that I wasn’t able to meditate.

When I met Ian, he told me that the TM technique was easy, but I didn’t believe
him. Then one day I met a TM teacher, and I felt so calm just being in her
presence that I sensed TM could also bring that experience for me.

The moment I learned TM it was like falling in love. I felt like I had been a
seeker before, and suddenly I was a knower. I was so grateful for that
experience of transcending, after looking so long for a deeper experience of
consciousness.
- See more at:
http://www.tm.org/blog/yoga/power-of-yoga-and-transcendence/#sthash.zkNVJh5s.dpuf