On 12/31/2013 11:03 PM, s3raph...@yahoo.com wrote:

 > My point is that choosing a *woman* to be the first witness
 > makes the "story" more believable (to moderns) as a made-up
 > account would have had the first witness a male in that
 > patriarchal society. Angels don't count being non-sexual!

Most of the Gospels in the Bible were all written by men, so it is very
important that all the Gospel writers agree that Jesus appeared to Mary
first, because he loved Mary more than any of the apostles. Mary had
stood by him when all the others had fled. She was at the crucifixion,
during the ministry of Jesus, and at the resurrection. Mary was in fact
Jesus' favorite.