 Subject: [FairfieldLife] RE: Marshy and Religion
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Date: Tuesday, January 7, 2014, 2:28 AM

       Thanks for saying this so well, Doc.
  I am a practitioner too in spirituality by meditation and
 Christianity.  I am not much in to the religion end of
 either.  I am
 though quite the satisfied customer of  transcending
 meditations in
 spirituality and Christ.

 This was on the Zen calendar out in
 the outhouse on Friday.  It is very Christian like in my
 experience,

 “The practice of meditation is not
 limited to the meditation mat.  The practice of meditation
 is our
 entire life and is the very thread that binds our different
 lives
 together.  Discovering this truth is called awakening, and
 it can
 take a circuitous route.”-Buck

 Doc wrote:
 I have a very
 simple justification for TM. It works. The practice
 mechanically allows my sense of myself to expand. Many times
 this has brought me into conflict with a facet of my self,
 or my life, that I did not want to face. The way through
 such circumstances, I found, is not to meditate more, but
 rather address what has been brought up. The practice
 itself, is easy and refreshing. However, like all things in
 life, there is another side to it. There is a lot of hard
 work, self reflection, and unbiased glimpses of one's
 truth, that occur along with TM 20 min. 2x/day, over the
 years.

 Take it, or leave it - However, I find this simple
 alternation of TM, and its subsequent integration into daily
 life, is challenge enough for me, vs. questioning the basis
 or meaning of the tradition or teacher, it comes from. If it
 keeps working, I'll do it. If it stops working, I
 won't. After so many years [of doing TM], it really does
 boil down to just that.

 BTW, how was the stew?