--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Michael Jackson  wrote:

> the post I made had nothing to do with justification or not of TM - it
was simply what I think is a well put together compilation of the
intention and origins of M's movement that shows it was clearly religion
- I thought the denizens of FFL would find it interesting - evidently
not.

For some of us, Michael, the question doesn't bear pondering any more.
We realized that the whole TM schtick was a disguised religion thirty or
more years ago.

> The post doesn't require that anyone defend the fact they practice TM

Or that we continue to beat a dead horse. No reflection on you, if you
or your friend are dealing with this issue now and sensitive to it. It's
just that for some of us it's so been there, done that that we have no
interest in it any more.

Like so many issues that people bring up on FFL, this one just smacks of
Department of Redundancy Dept. May those who still feel compelled to
repeat the old meme "TM is not a religion" continue to do so. May those
of us who laugh at and pity them continue to do so.