"Nine years after being charged with criminal conspiracy in the murder of a
temple manager in November 2004, Kanchi sankaracharyas Jayendra Saraswathi,
78, and Vijayendra Saraswathi, 44, were acquitted by a Puducherry court on
Wednesday.

Twenty-one others who were accused along with the pontiffs were also
acquitted while another accused was murdered earlier this year."

'Kanchi pontiffs acquitted in 2004 murder case'Hindustan Times:
http://www.hindustantimes.com/kanchi-pontiffs-acquitted<http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/kanchi-pontiffs-acquitted-in-2004-murder-case/article1-1156145.aspx>