On Oct 10, 2005, at 1:04 PM, anonymousff wrote:

FWIW, in numerous lectures at the first Mallorca TTC, Jan-June, 1971,

Maharishi told us (many times) that we should get rid of as many bad

habits as possible before CC because they wouldn't go away just

because we were enlightened. He said clearly we take our bad habits

with us.

This speaks volumes to me now, close to 35 years later, when we are

all (or at least many) finally realizing that appearing to be

saintly-whether strictly the *look* of saintliness, the pretty words

of enlightenment from a real saint or a poseur-may be nothing but the

Emperor's new new clothes.

Interesting point.

It's different though as we approach Unity and the "extinction of all phenomenon". There's actually a yogic saying on this which states "Ascend with Conduct, Descend with the View." In other words, as your consciousness begins to assume the POV of Unity and begins to exhaust all it's karma, one's conduct--in terms of the karmic imprints one makes and the quality of ones actions--must be exemplary--so the conduct must rise. If you can do that, you will exhaust all karmic potentials.