Michael Jackson wrote:

> Bottom line for me is that all this has taught me the definition
> of enlightenment M gave out is flawed if not downright incorrect,
> and yes that includes the source material of the vedas which I
> feel was the pontifications of a bunch of guys roaming around in
> the forest who said "Huh! This is my reality so I am going to tell
> everyone it THEIR reality too, and if they don't get on board with
> it, they are missing the boat."

Well, it's settled then - the Hindus and the Tibetans were all incorrect. MMY and the Rama guy were charlatans and frauds. But what does this tell us about their followers - the ones that enabled them, worked for them, and spread the snake-oils sales pitch for years and years? It just doesn't make any sense that you two could be that wrong for so long, and be so certain about everything now. Go figure.

On 1/17/2014 9:34 AM, Michael Jackson wrote:

Not having known or having had any experience with Rama, I can only go by his recorded history - he certainly was known to have "acted out" - he apparently abused and misused his position as teacher, he was a serial womanizer, and maybe took people to the cleaners - although some seemed to feel that their money was well spent with him, regardless of his enormities.

I acknowledge his shortcomings, and the fact that some like Barry had some powerful experiences with him. I am having some degree of energy experience from reading Barry's account.

I view Amma as a huckster, but I don't deny people have pleasant and powerful experiences with her.

I view M as a huckster, but the one time I saw him in person, I had what stands today as one of the most powerful, amazing experiences of energy of my life.

Same with other teachers like Muktananda - they could spark energy in other people, sometimes big time Energy, but they were or are ego-centered and screwed up in a lot of ways that lead to the people around them getting screwed in different ways. Chuck Anderson who was also known as Master Teacher of the Endeavor Academy falls into that category.

Bottom line for me is that all this has taught me the definition of enlightenment M gave out is flawed if not downright incorrect, and yes that includes the source material of the vedas which I feel was the pontifications of a bunch of guys roaming around in the forest who said "Huh! This is my reality so I am going to tell everyone it THEIR reality too, and if they don't get on board with it, they are missing the boat."

I feel the Universe has nearly infinite if not infinite experiences we can all have, and the so-called higher states of awareness or enlightened perception, including all the celestial perception stuff is just another experience among a plethora of experiences.

I think that if one chooses one can create an experience, a persona that is real moral, always sativcc, always unperturbed, sort of like the historical Buddha was supposed to have been. But most of those who have "higher states of consciousness" cycle from those kinds of experiences into egoic focus that includes often enough the idea that since everything is a play of awareness, it doesn't make a tinker's damn what they do with and to people, cuz its just all consciousness playing around. No rules, no standard of conduct, these are the ones like Muktananda, Maharishi and Rama who go off the deep end of ego and screw things up.

I acknowledge the power, the depth of silence and vibrations of the infinite that course through these people and I acknowledge the screwed up behavior.

For whatever reason there was a vibration of infinite energy that Rama tapped into and was an exponent of that communicated itself to Barry and I get to feel it through Barry's writing. I am enjoying it and we'll see where it leads, if anywhere.

I would kinda like to think that having such an experience was what FFL was really created for to begin with.

And that is what I think of that.

Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Apostasy, is a terrible thing.
To: "Richard J. Williams" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Friday, January 17, 2014, 1:55 PM

Well, I thought fer sure
you'd say that Rama was a con man and a fake and had
sexual relations with his students, like you said about MMY.
Maybe you've changed your mind about that. It looks like
you've changed your mind about the
bun-hopping-levitation too.

From what I've read, Rama left several
million dollars, most of that given to him by his students
to support his extravagant lifestyle. Barry probably gave
Rama over $10,000 to be able to go see a movie with Rama.
So, I wonder what that has taught Barry about giving money
to people for spiritual instruction. What happened to all
the money?

So, how much does it cost to fly Rama over to
Paris and put him up in a four-star hotel for a few days?
Barry's part of the donation probably cost him close to
$5,000. That's a lot of money to just spend just to be
able be with your teacher at Disneyland. Go figure.