> > Well, it looks like it's settled then: MJ and the TurqoiseB
> > were the real True Believers, whose religion was TM -  - the
> > only apostates left on the forum. It looks like nobody else
> > on FFL ever considered TM to be their religion. You can't
> > be apostate from something you don't believe in. Go
> > figure.

MJ:
> you know, I never thought about it that way before, but I guess
> back in the 70's and 80's, TM WAS my religion.

So, it looks like it's settled then: MJ and Barry both thought of TM as
their religion. They both were disappointed when they realized that it's a
real stretch to make a simple relaxation technique into a religion. MJ and
Barry have said that TM is a religion, so they must believe that to be
true. The question is: why did it take Barry fourteen years to realize that
he was making TM his religion, and it took MJ only a couple of years to
figure this out? Go figure.

Anything you do can be turned into a religion - L. Ron Hubbard made
"Diantics" into a religion, based on the fact that people just feel better
when they have someone to talk to.