---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <turquoiseb@...> wrote:

 --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, wrote:

> Nabby, those others also talk extensively about spiritual experience and
> enlightenment. Maybe some who have experiences talk about them, and some do
> not. I just thought it was a peculiar generalisation you made. My experience
> about people who talk of their own experiences is it creates a resonance
> between them and their hearers, when people see others have experiences, they
> are less likely to feel these kinds of experiences are rare or unattainable,
> and are more likely to pursue them and feel they have a value. When I was
> having occasional experiences of transcending in meditation many years ago, I
> was always really interested in what people had to say about the end game,
> about unity, realisation, even though I was not experiencing that. I think
> what you want to inspire in people is the thought 'Well, gee, I can do that
> too, it's not impossible after all!'

 This is exactly why I lit into "Buck" when he tried to palm off a bunch of
pure "movement-speak" as personal spiritual experience earlier this week. There
was exactly *zero* attempt to communicate or to touch others in what he wrote.
He threw around terms like "the relationship of purusha and whatever" that NO
ONE other than someone brainwashed by decades of TM dogma and jargon would
either be able to understand or empathize with. He could just as easily have
termed the "relationship" he was describing as existing between floogarbs and
dweezils.

Dogma and jargon are *exclusionary*. Their purpose is to *distance* people not
privy to them from what is being said, not to include them and inspire them to
become inspired by what is being said.

The bottom line for me is that if you can't describe your experience to others
*in language they understand and can identify with*, you have failed miserably
at describing the experience.

Off with their heads!

OK, so someone fails miserably, then what? You fail miserably at coming across
like a reasonable, loving, wise, rational, logical, understanding human being.
Now what?