Its a damned good question - I have to have an identity, and a personality, in
order to function. That doesn't automatically mean that I "own" it, or think of
it as mine, yet, nonetheless, I am wholly responsible for how I act, and what I
do.

So my embarrassment comes about, when it does, when I miscalculate something,
as I sometimes do, since I operate a lot without preconceptions, and hence, in
uncharted territory. It is more a mechanism for self-correction, a practical
thing, rather than leaning towards shame, which would occur if I were primarily
dismayed by my actions, vs. my self-image.

It is difficult for me to be more precise, so I'll leave it at that.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <turquoiseb@...> wrote:

 --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, doctordumbass@... wrote:

> OK, I am glad you enjoyed your nasty tidbit, at my expense, or so you think.
>
> Yeah, I've embarrassed the hell out of myself more times than I can count.
> But it sure beats the alternative, as you amply demonstrate.

 Just as a question, how can embarrassment happen without attachment? If you
have no self and no image of self to protect or defend, how can you possibly be
embarrassed, no matter what it does?