On 2/11/2014 7:14 AM, salyavin808 wrote:
> I don't like the vastu principle anyway, I think it's stupid and
> illogical and the idea of nature support is a crock of shit.

Some people like to live in towns and villages where there is flat land
with streets aligned to a grid. This makes a lot of sense: the streets
can be called First Street, Second Street, etc. and the cross streets
can be named after trees: Oak Street, Pine Street, etc. That way, anyone
can find their way around town easily. This is called Urban Planning, a
course I once took at a community college.

Years ago we used to live on the side of a small mountain in Marin
County, Northern California. When Dad and Mom came to visit us Dad asked
me: "Why would anyone want to build a house on the side of a hill with a
ditch in the backyard?" So, he got me to thinking - there are
flat-landers and there are hill-folk. Flat-landers have wide streets
with logical names like Main Street and the hill-folk have winding roads
with funny names like "Penny Lane". It's all a matter of placement and
positioning.