<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I don't believe anyone ever does, in an absolute sense. Life is
one
> > long continuum, from evolution to dissolution and over and over
> > again, so 'enlightenment' as we call it, is a step whereby we
> > recognize that our sense of ourselves transcends the limitations
> > that our prior evolution has placed on us. We are larger than we
> > ever imagined, and live and experience this as reality.
> >
> > It seems as if that state is only called 'enlightenment' because
the
> > common experience in daily life and locked within our DNA is
that we
> > *are* in fact the sum of our limitations. It is how worlds are
built
> > typically on Earth, now. That whole 'not enough resources, grab
what
> > you can' mentality is a result of living as self-limited beings.
> >
> > So, when we stop living the surrealistic reality of our assumed
> > limitations, and become free, we are said to then
be 'enlightened'.
> > But it is merely relative to what our past experience has been.
In
> > reality, there is no actual enlightenment. It is just an
> > evolutionary stage we are very, very fond of here on Earth,
around
> > which a consensus has formed with regard to its desirability.
> >
> > On the one hand, it is a significant achievement, a milestone of
> > growth, and on the other hand it is no different really from the
> > achievements we have achieved all of our lives.
> >
> > Perhaps we prize it so greatly because of the subjective
experience
> > both of inner and outer freedom, and the knowledge, ability,
> > responsibility and love that comes with it. All admirable
qualities.
> > It both encompasses and transforms the human experience.
> >
> > And yet, once this state of inner and outer freedom is reached,
life
> > goes on, relative responsibilities and achievements continue,
and
> > one day we will look a long way back and realize
> > that 'enlightenment', that which seemed so important once, is
not so
> > relevant to our lives, that the importance of that awakening has
> > faded over the years, like the memory of a favorite relative, or
the
> > significant achievement of learning to walk as a young child.
> >
> > Yet, on the horizon of our timeless lives ...another
enlightenment
> > beckons...
>

> Forgive please but what does your believing have to do with the
Truth of it?
> Interesting it is in this group how so many are so eager to let
others know what their
> thinking is on enlightenment.

What is your thinking on it?

> Mental masturbation, this suppostion on the qualities of
enlightenment.

Is that all you can do because you are 'brahmachari'-- *mental*
masturbation?

> TMO fallout.....EGO.

So you've had bad experiences with the TMO?

> Flowery words making it sound as if there is none, yet the
proferring itself betrays.

What are you talking about?

> Just a few in this group actually contribute references within
their paths of practice without
> the "personal commentary" of what they think they know.
>
> More useful and true to the mission of this group, it would be if
more of such
> contributions were posted.

What is the mission of this group, as you see it?

> Worthless as well, this post.

To each his own...