--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "brahmachari108"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Forgive please but what does your believing have to do with the
> Truth of it?  Interesting it is in this group how so many are so
> eager to let others know what their thinking is on enlightenment.
>
> Mental masturbation, this suppostion on the qualities of
> enlightenment.  TMO fallout.....EGO.
> Flowery words making it sound as if there is none, yet the
> proferring itself betrays.
>
> Just a few in this group actually contribute references within
> their paths of practice without the "personal commentary" of
> what they think they know.
>
> More useful and true to the mission of this group, it would be
> if more of such contributions were posted.

To use your phrase, horse crap.

You seem to be saying that the only thing valid to
offer on this forum is what we have been taught by
other people.  "Leave it up to the 'experts.'"

Horse crap.  Many of us here have had it up to here
with 'experts.'  We've been *told* stuff about
enlightenment for decades, by those who claim to
know, and who expect to get paid for telling it to us.
And then we start having some experiences ourselves,
and some of the experiences jibe with what we've
been told and some of them do not, but it really
doesn't matter, because they're OUR experiences,
and NO ONE can do justice to describing them except
(maybe) ourselves.

I LIKE the fact that people here aren't afraid to
talk about their personal experiences in the realm
of consciousness.  At this point in my life I just
don't have any interest in hearing what one more
'expert' says about enlightenment.  I'd rather hear
the day-to-day experiences of someone like myself
who doesn't really have a clue, but is trying to
figure it all out.  Pat answers are for small minds
who want the world to be easily compartmentable and
manageable.  The world is neither.

Let the 'experts' and their traditions go suck eggs.
I'd rather hear from the guy on the street (or the
gal on the street) who has had some interesting
experiences and wants to throw them out there for
others to bounce off of.  I don't look to anything
they say as "Truth."  I don't believe that any such
concept as "Truth" exists in the universe, so I ain't
exactly lookin' for it.  I'm just trying to figure
things out as best I can.  And I'm WAY past the
point of taking anybody else's word for it.

This forum is great BECAUSE people don't restrict
themselves to mindlessly repeating the stuff they've
been told by the 'experts' in their lives.  They're
ready to be their own 'experts,' even if their
'expertise' is only a stumbling attempt to figure
out what their personal experiences mean, or if they
'mean' anything.  I kinda like that.  It's refresh-
ing in this world of 10-cent prophets and 'experts'
wanting to tell you the "Truth," for a price.
Always for a price.

The things said here are said for free.  And some
may say that you get what you pay for.  Me, I've
gotten far more from some of the things the people
on this forum have said for free than from the
things the 'experts' in my life sold me.

> Worthless as well, this post.

EVERYTHING is worthless if you're still gullible
enough to be searching for the "Truth."  T'ain't no
such animal.  "Kick back and enjoy the ride and learn
what you can from whomever you can, while laughing
as much as possible" sounds like a better approach
to things to me...