---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <awoelflebater@...> wrote:

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Nice places, I'd have either of them. But what drives me nuts is the crap
about sleeping better, being healthier and feeling protected. Or making better
decisions in life and business. It's such a load of bull. I lived in a SV home
for a summer and didn't sleep any better than usual, didn't have any bright
ideas (no more than usual anyway) It was business as usual except I had to walk
further to get to the garden.

 But I guess if they dropped the mood making crap they wouldn't be able to
cream some money off for the SV license.

 A nice house is a nice house. Plenty of natural light, space that doesn't
cramp, natural building materials - these are all things that are no-brainers
for a pleasant environment. Lots of expensive and not so expensive houses
incorporate these features so I can't see spending even more money for someone
to tell you and charge for things that are already desirable by many people.
You'll sleep better if you aren't next to a rail line and your outlook on life
might improve if you don't live in a dark hovel but do we need Vastu to tell us
this?

 LOL, some people do. The real TM TB's think that if it's vastu it's perfect,
and they will live long and happy lives because of it. It was sold as the final
solution, the missing piece of the jigsaw for those who had drunk all the other
Kool-aid the TMO sells. In fact, non SV homes were suddenly making us ill and
stopping us becoming enlightened! "Treat your house like it's burning down"
said Marshy, and that very same day, ie ten years later, some were built in the
UK to extremely underwhelming effect, and then they found out that the hill
near Skem was delaying the sunrise by 2 minutes so anything they did wasn't
full vastu anyway! So anyone who cared enough, and could afford it, has
decamped to Rendlesham in Suffolk - Europe's first full vastu village.

 I would like one because I like the fact that the sun rises in front of the
house on midsummers day and you can therefore measure equinoxes using the
fenceposts. Something cool about that, like a link to the iron age or ancient
Rome, which is probably what they used it for being farmers and therefore sun
worshippers. Knowing when the seasons are about to change was pivotal in those
days. And the reason the kitchen was on that side of the house was to keep the
food in the coolest place. So there is some logic to it, just don't expect
miracles....