 Subject: [FairfieldLife] RE: Empathy versus cruelty
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Date: Friday, February 21, 2014, 12:57 AM

       RW, Essentially yes.  Well, that sentence
 you quote of me was about more
 the bad behavior of some in the long history of the TM
 movement as it
 was about MJ coincidentally.  But yes, what we are seeing
 here is a
 distinction between meditating, and bad up-brings and
 behavior.
 Evidently social behavior may be different or separate from
 whether
 someone is a meditator or not.  Meditating as the sadhana of
 character is different from some published papers reporting
 around TM and some “improved
 moral reasoning” and some manifest behavior.  So it is
 quite likely
 that MJ is right and is also essentially predisposed the way
 he is
 persisting as he does 'against TM', separate from or
 regardless
 whether he was a meditator or not.

 Now, more fundamentally interesting is that virtuous
 behavior
 otherwise has spiritually much more to do with ones total
 effectiveness as a meditator or spiritual practitioner
 overall.  Virtue vs. sin in spirituality is
 quite evidently a different system more specifically related
 to the
 subtle system of the whole human body-mind complex of
 consciousness,
 the subtle bodies of character and soul/Atman.  Behavior
 that lacks
 virtue [is without transformative shakti] is related more to
 character
 flaw as being unable to receive love as in a lack of
 mastering of
 taking in the flowing shakti vector of love of the Unified
 Field and giving its transmission.  In character that comes
 in
 dropping in to the heart of the matter spiritually and
 deciding on a
 soul level to take it as a condition of congruence between
 the
 character and soul.  Reclaiming character this way is the
 Sadhana of
 the light body.  The integrity of virtue is the virtue
 of integrity.
 Core spiritual values matter most in the refinement.
 Fortunately the
 heart likes of be effective but also has the capacity to
 forgive
 itself with compassion.  The development of the lite-body is
 the
 sadhana of this buoyancy and the depth of character is
 fueled by
 buoyancy of core values of virtue and that matters most.
 Seize the
 day, life is for the living while you have it.
 That is my experience with it,
 -Buck
  RWwrote:
  bad behavior that MJ in writing here
 for instance is so upset about in
  the TM community movement comes from bad upbringing
 and does not have
  so much of anything to do with whether some one
 meditates

 So,
 you're thinking MJ would be the same kind of guy even if
 he had
 never tried TM?

 Yep.
 Very likely.
 mjackson74 writes:Okay Buddy, you are laying it on
 the line here:"Obviously we are born in to this wold with
 nature and then there is nurture. Evidently moral behavior
 is something developed and cultured in good upbringing. My
 feeling in watching is that a lot of the bad behavior that
 MJ in writing here for instance is so upset about in the TM
 community movement comes from bad upbringing and does not
 have so much of anything to do with whether some one
 meditates. It's mostly bad manners without virtue.
 Evidently. That's what I see, they are just being bad
 people for their poor upbringings and sometimes they are
 even immoral. Okay, that can be really bad at times on the
 part of some but not the normative of most folks. Just
 really bad upbringing."

 The whole point to many of my
 posts here is that TM does not work as you claim it works.
 The WHOLE FUCKING POINT to TM all these years is that TM
 IMPROVES EVERYTHING! That is the claim made for it.
 That's the whole point to doing TM, improving your life.
 If one has bad upbringing, then TM can make you a better
 person. Why do you think the David Lynch leeches are pushing
 so hard to get TM to the AT RISK populations, especially the
 young ones??? To, among other things, counteract BAD
 UPBRINGING!

 So if bad upbringing can't be negated or
 improved by regular practice of TM, what good is the
 practice? You have hoist yourself on your own petard, Buck.
 You seem to be saying that if one has bad upbringing, TM
 won't change the behavior that bad upbringing
 creates.
 Specifically, I have found fault with Bevan Morris,
 Greg and Georgina Wilson, Bill Sands, Neal Patterson,
 Marshy, Girish, the Srivastavas brothers, Susan Humphries,
 Cris Crowell, John Hagelin, Reed Martin and all the lying
 and manipulation that they and other small medium and large
 managers in the TMO have done.

 Are you saying
 that all the above named individuals had bad upbringing? You
 are making excuses for why TM obviously seems to work in
 reverse for people who run the
 Movement.
 Buck
 Writes:Meditating, “improved moral
 reasoning”, and moral behavior.
 Three different things evidently and possibly
 intertwined.  Obviously we are
 born in to this wold with nature and then there
 is nurture. Evidently moral behavior is something developed
 and
 cultured in good upbringing.  My feeling in watching is that
 a lot of
 the bad behavior that MJ in writing here for instance is so
 upset about in the
 TM community movement comes from bad upbringing and does not
 have so
 much of anything to do with whether some one meditates.
 It's mostly
 bad manners without virtue.  Evidently.  That's
 what I see, they are just being bad people for their poor
 upbringings and sometimes they are even immoral.  Okay,
 that can be really bad at times on the part of some but not
 the normative of most folks.  Just really bad
 upbringing..  For instance, here is two
 minutes on improving behavior as
 learned. ..
 Some sensitive caring in thoughtful upbringing, in 2
 minutes:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTqDfb-QhNg-Buck
 in the Dome
 Maharishi's was
 revolutionary and comprehensive thinking about
 global peace, like "Elise M. Boulding (July 6,
 1920 – June 24,
 2010). Boulding offers Building a Global Civic Culture:
 Education for
 an Interdependent as a holistic first step towards solving
 international conflicts. She envisions a “global civic
 culture”
 as not simply made of nation states but as a global
 community of
 human beings. The book enforces the idea of thinking
 globally on a
 microcosmic level to facilitate solving problems in a
 peaceful
 international order. Boulding believed that a civic world
 order could
 become a reality, while acknowledging the strife that exists
 now.
 "Building a Global Civic Culture" is geared toward
 addressing the world’s problems and offering ideas for
 solutions.To
 create peace, Boulding believes that we must all become
 teachers and develop new learning communities. Everyone, old
 and
 young, will teach. Age groups will teach each other from
 their
 respective generations. How we perceive events unique to our
 generation shapes the lens through which we each see later
 events. We
 need to know what the world looks like to young and old
 alike.
 Boulding believes all will be teachers.In order to do
 this, we must learn to think outside of the box.
 Humans are intuitive, creative animals with
 cognitive-analytic
 reasoning abilities. We as human animals can grasp complex
 wholes
 from partial sets of facts. Boulding states that for most of
 us,
 education has been tied to the maxim “stick to the facts,
 no need
 for imaginative thinking.” We are taught in school that
 imagination
 and intuition are virtues of the daydreamer, not the true
 student. To
 the contrary, Boulding states we need to harness both
 intuition and
 imagination to solve world crises. Ultimately this book
 encourages us
 to become both teachers and problem solvers and includes
 exercises to
 lead the way.
 Elise M. Boulding was a Quaker sociologist
 [many
 credentials], and author credited as a major contributor to
 creating
 the academic discipline of Peace and Conflict Studies.
 Her
 holistic, multidimensional approach to peace research sets
 her apart
 as an important scholar and activist in multiple fields. Her
 written
 works span several decades and range from discussion of
 family as a
 foundation for peace, to Quaker spirituality to reinventing
 the
 international “global
culture”.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elise_M._Boulding#Building_a_Global_Civic_Culture
 Evidently
 as practicing and experience meditators we are not alone in
 our experience around this.  There are other mystics
 who see this too.-Buck in the
 Dome
 S3raphita ,
 I feel you are being quite saintly in taking notice of
 the circumstance.  Yep, it is just another sign of bad
 upbringing and
 the failure of our schools and society.  Including
 fault of all
 those collectively standing around smirking who without
 initiative
 themselves or had the opportunity in their own lives to
 pursue the
 proper upbringing of virtue of spiritual life themselves and
 all
 those who who may know better will themselves not going out
 even on a
 limb to help anyone other than themselves in their own
 material world
 of widget worth.  I
 sense saintly virtue in you that you would even
 notice the collective failure in this incident in this poor
 unlucky
 youth.  The shoplifter is just another index showing the
 lack in our
 meissner-like collective transmission of collective
 consciousness of
 virtue in life.  You are a teacher of the absolute wisdom in
 life are
 you not?  A transmitter of spiritual virtue?  It makes sense
 that you
 are sensitive to what was in that public scene.  It is now
 the age of
 science and it is neigh time they put quiet-time meditation
 in to the
 training of all our children in their schools, if their
 families can
 not provide it for their own children if not just to save us
 all.
 To save us all from this vileness otherwise there is a place
 for
 public education in these sound values of life.  All it
 takes is some
 quiet-time.  It pisses me off too to watch the smirking
 jerks as you
 point to, like some even here who would actually stand in
 the way and
 fight what is such evident science and get in the way of the
 larger
 transmission of virtue in life.   Yep, all those smirking
 jerks all
 watching the theatre of this youth being taken off should
 all be
 sending checks of donation as a matter of character to the
 David
 Lynch Foundation to help in the trenches in the fight
 against all
 that is vile in life.  The teaching of and learning of the
 transcendental meditative state is the inalienable right to
 be
 guaranteed of every human being born in to this life.  That
 is the
 first right that needs to be first guaranteed to every child
 growing
 up.  Teaching of effective transcending meditation in all
 our schools
 is now the scientific standard of a proper education and
 should be
 all our public's policy regardless.  I commend you for
 bringing this
 sad story to our attention here at FFL.  You are a saint in
 reaching
 for the transformation that awareness can bring.  It
 would be cruelty to know the great virtue of life and not
 say anything or do anything about this situation.
  Thanks for bringing this to our attention here.
  It will likelymake us all better for it in pursuing
 our spiritual practices as we go about our daily lives.
  Thanks, you are a saint.-Buck
 s3raphita writes:Today I was walking past a department store when a
 sudden commotion caught my attention. A young man was being
 frogmarched to a waiting police car by two constables -
 obviously he was a shoplifter who hadn't been as careful
 as he should have been. But what appalled me was that
 everyone around me - fellow pedestrians, people in coffee
 shops, those waiting at the bus stop - were almost
 universally smiling and exchanging knowing glances. I've
 noticed that reaction countless times in similar situations.
 But me: I just felt depressed. Here was a youth, perhaps on
 his way to prison. His mum and dad and sisters, his other
 relatives and his friends would be shocked and saddened by
 the news of his arrest. What is there to smile about for
 God's sake? It's a reaction I've noticed about
 other misfortunes. People see drug addicts in the final
 stages of degradation and judge these unfortunates as being
 "losers". I see the same people and wonder what
 sexual or physical abuse they suffered as children - or
 maybe as adults they encountered some other misfortune,
 perhaps having to see a loved one die slowly and painfully
 of cancer - and think to myself how lucky I am that I have
 never had to cope with such trauma.So is Seraphita a saint? Not bloody likely.
 I am as selfish, as self-centred, as narrowly concerned with
 my own well-being as anyone. The difference seems to be an
 ability to enter imaginatively into the suffering of others
 and appreciate what a raw deal they had. Of course, some
 shop-lifters and drug addicts are complete saddos and
 probably need a kick up the arse and told to get a grip. But
 many will have just been unlucky - and luck plays a dominant
 role in all our lives. Imagination is often dismissed as
 idle fancy but really it is a faculty in which we grasp real
 aspects of the world - just like perception and reason. But
 perhaps another cause for people to enjoy the misfortunes of
 others - complete strangers at that - is that they are
 unhappy ("The mass of men lead lives of quiet
 desperation." - Thoreau) and seeing someone worse off
 than themselves gives them a boost. They suddenly see that
 their own lives could be even more miserable so for a brief
 moment they can feel complacently
 self-satisfied. Alas - according to
 Nietzsche - pity is just cruelty disguised. There's a
 lot to be said for that view - just observe carefully how
 your friends and colleagues savour reports of disasters on
 the latest news bulletins while convincing themselves how
 compassionate they are. So what can we conclude? That
 Seraphita is a hypocrite! Heads you win; tails I
 lose..O