Judy:

Rory:
> > > It's a nice image, but perhaps a little off in this case. I've
seldom been reticent to share my current understandings,
regardless of who may or may not eventually enjoy them. These have
been  percolating since just before the Navaratri/Durga puja last
 week crystallized further over the past few days, and finally
coalesced  enough to (attempt to) communicate :-)

Judy:
> > I'll take your word for it.  But there seemed to me to
> > be a sort of competition going on as to who could write
> > the most elaborate and flowery description.

Akasha:
And its [thess posts] useful, how?

Rory:
Helps me understand myself.

-----
I share Rory's perspective and motivation on this. Why people post is
interesting to ponder -- I ask myself at times. What happens with me
is that I may read a post and it strikes an interesting thought [to
me]. The post I am reading may or may not be interesting [to me]. But
posting a reply gives an opportunity to work out and examine the idea
that arises. I try to tie it to the invoking posters post. Or state I
am using theirs only as a springboard to explore a new vista.

Why not just post to a journal? Well that would work too. But it
doesn't give the stimulus of other posts. And, occasionally, a post
exploring some new idea, may actually invoke an interesting diologue.
 Not often. But it happens. Thus the impetus to keep throwing stuff
out there.

As far as others, I assume few read what I write. I am not writing to
seek approval or recognition, Actually slams are good, in that it
makes me revaluate things, both message and strength of conviction.
For example if someone slams the post and its due to not getting my
point, I consider how to refine my writing. When a poster gets it, but
disagrees, its a good check on ideas and of how strongly I "beleive"
what I wrote.

And its interesting to "people watch". To see the disparity between
words and actions, at times. To see various motives at work
(apparently -- though motives of others is always speculative).

And its interesting to see a number of minds at work, including
Akaasha's, and see what pops up, not necessarily taking any of the
bubbles of the collective minds as right or wrong, better or worse.