Gee, Feebs, I could have sworn I told you that you can't mind-read for shit.

 And baiting a person is not a great approach if you're looking for a "more
inclusive" type of response. But I guess what this is all about is that folks
discussing classical music and musicians make you feel inferior.

 Don't ya just get the feeling that Judy would be more comfortable in a Mensa
chat room, (excuse me, Internet Discussion Forum), than here on little on FFL.
I mean, I think she fashions herself as a prodigy of sorts and maybe the number
she runs here might be better received there.

 And yes, I did kinda bait her with my JT comment, although I enjoy his
music,as well as much of so called "pop music".  I wanted to see if she might
respond in a more inclusive manner.  Oh well.

 Judy just doesn't disappoint.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 "Neal" Young plays very serious music - It is an interesting distinction that
some people make, between serious, and 'not serious' music. Someone recently
told me that electronic and/or sampled music, is not real music.
On the one hand, I can see that musicians like Neil Young, do not try to master
the classical works, or play music with a lot of tradition behind it. On the
other, I've been a fan of his sound, since, "After the Gold Rush". He has
inspired me in a lot of ways - far more than any classical music.
Music is said to be the most abstract of the arts. I find it amusing that
someone who diligently copies Mozart, for example, is hailed as a prodigy, yet
someone doing the same thing with a Rembrandt, is labeled a forger.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <authfriend@...> wrote:

 Yeah, not quite the same thing. I'm talking about serious music and highly
trained singers.

 Justin Timberlake, for one, sings in a much higher voice than his regular
voice.  Same for Neal Young I believe.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSVHoHyErBQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSVHoHyErBQ

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <authfriend@...> wrote:

 I'm not a big fan of countertenors myself; the voices always sound a little
strained to me. But this dude is special, not just the voice but the
musicality.

 The ear is more important than any musical knowledge (for the listener, at any
rate).
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmyLkjxKCNo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmyLkjxKCNo

 Phew! And this is not generally my kind of "thing" but it certainly evokes all
sorts of primal, albeit refined primal, sensations. His voice and those
instruments and the light and the setting and the crystal hanging from the
ceiling. All of these things transported me to a long-ago time. Thank you for
that. I am an ignoramus when it comes to knowing about music but my ear seems
to make up for what I lack in theoretical musical knowledge.