 From: Bhairitu <noozg...@sbcglobal.net>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, March 3, 2014 6:19 PM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] In Media Res: a TV series season opener review

It's the original French series "Les Revenants" and not an American remake.  At
the moment I haven't even checked to see if there is a US remake in the works.

"Hannibal" was not available for mobile or TV on Hulu+.  Probably
      because it is primarily a Canadian production.  But it was
      available on desktop so I just ran it on the Chrome browser and
      Chromecast it to my TV.  It's a little like video conferencing the
      show to your TV in that the frame rate is about 10 frames a
      second.

I was not all that impressed with "Machete Kills".  It was kind of
      a mess and in this case shooting in pristine HD seems to get in
      the way of a homage to grindhouse films.  Many of those old
      exploitation films were also shoot in "scope".   He had a fun cast
      though.  And the BD actually was not a Universal "rental" and had
      the "making of" and extended and deleted scenes.