Well, most of us know that but few of us do that.  However more research
came out last week about how bad sugar is for you and here is an article
by Dr. Robert Lustig about sugar.  He also touches on the argument about
not all calories being the same.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-lustig-md/sugar-toxic_b_2759564.html

We've had some heated discussions here about weight loss because I claim
the rather naive theory that you lose weight by burning more calories
than you take in.  Research has shown that doesn't work. Dr. Lustig was
on local talk radio over the weekend and discussed this misconception
and why it doesn't work.   Part of it has to do with not all calories
being the same.

Radio show (Lustig is on at around 33 minutes):

http://www.kgoradio.com/common/page.php?pt=Pat+Thurston+Podcast&id=4372&is_corp=0