> > > Sam Mcilhenny, who was somewhere in his late
> > forties
> >
> > Dear friend Sam died of morbid obesity. He weighed
> > 650 pounds.
>
> Sam was up to 650lbs? Yikes! I was thinking of Sam
> yesterday when I put some tabasco sauce on my home
> fries. Same was on my TTC. What year did he pass away?

 Hi Peter this is me Anonymous Ken Hassman. The last time I actually
saw/hung out with Sam was in 1991-1992. He and Jim Meredith (remember
Jim)were sharing a house over in Oakland. Sam had already ballooned up
to no less than 350 pounds probably more, or so, needed a cane to help
him stay up and balanced, and moved really slowly. I had occasion,
once when over at Jim and Sam's house visiting to see Sam in minimal
cloting and it was absolutely shocking how big he was and how hard it
was for him to get himself upright from bed. Probably a few years
later, I ran into Michael Thune (remember him)in Albany (just north of
Berkeley). Michael was close with Sam and he was the one who told me
Sam had died and weighed 650 pounds when they found him dead in his
bed. Sam had moved back to Louisianna (I think) where his family was
as he had inherited some big house when his dad died (I may be getting
my facts mixed up a bit, but I'm close).
Ken