But see my comments. She doesn't take PC research seriously. I've seen her
mentino it in passing, but she doesn't even attempt to incorporate it into her
world view.

 She's much like James Austin, who misreads/misquotes the PC research and then
fits the misread/misquote into his theories on meditation presented in his
books.

 Literally, his books read like this: Travis' research says xy and therefore...

 In reality, Travis' research actually says xyz, but Austin misses the last
little bit that completely invalidates his interpretation.

 Of course Travis' own writing style doesn't help. In the abstract of the
article on Transcendental experiences during TM, he says: "The subject/object
relationship during transcendental experiences is characterized by the absence
of time, space, and body sense"

 He fills in the details in the  body, by quoting the Katha Upanishad: "“The
Self is without sound, without touch and without form…You will know the Self
when your senses are still, your mind is at peace, and your heart is pure.”"

 He then confuses teh issue again by providing a description of lack of sensory
perception, that is accompanied by a graphic listing "no thought" and ends up
describing PC as  "That leaves the bottom right cell—sense of Self with no
mental content," without re-emphasizing that PC is without any kind of
perception at all -sensory, thinking, intuition, whatever.

 It's small wonder that Austin and company get confused. Travis leaves wriggle
room so that they can pick and choose whichever description of PC best fits
their own pet theory about the state. Of course, if people read articles
carefully, they would note the occasional use of references to lack of
sense-perception and at least speculate about what was meant, but instead they
choose the least disrupting interpretation to use in their books and
blog-entries.

 And yet incredibly she has spent a career writing and lecturing on
consciousness, including a book all about the "hard" problem in which she
interviews consciousness researchers worldwide about their research into that
very idea and other ways of understanding the mind.

 Could it be that she's one step ahead of you? Could it be that this article,
which is about the illusion of dualism, has already gone beyond what you are
saying? The "illusion" she refers to is the illusion we have that our sense of
self is somehow qualitatively different from everything else that is going on
in there.

 She needs first to realize she's making a gigantic cognitive error in saying
consciousness and the sense of self are an illusion. She can't possibly get
anything else right (including TM pure consciousness research) if she doesn't
see that the "illusion" idea is self-refuting. Doesn't really have anything to
do with TM; it's just an incredibly stupid mistake about the nature of ordinary
waking-state consciousness.

 As I said, she doesn't see any value in the TM Pure Consciousness research so
she doesn't take it into account and consider the implications of a state of
alertness in the brain without any content to be alert about.

 Who has the "false idea" of the persisting self? Who is deluded by this
illusion?

 Susan Blackmore has a new essay about consciousness research on her website.
Food for thought:

 "Consciousness is not some weird and wonderful product of some brain processes
but not others. Rather, it is an illusion constructed by a clever brain and
body in a complex social world. We can speak, think, refer to ourselves as
agents and so build up the false idea of a persisting self that has
consciousness and free will."

 http://www.edge.org/response-detail/25457
http://www.edge.org/response-detail/25457