 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] The Self Course Fairfield
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Date: Tuesday, April 1, 2014, 12:02 AM

 Oh that's
 good Michael.  At least a new name from the one I am
 usually called.  Or actually, you are comparing me to
 something, rather declaring I am such and
 such.
 At
 any rate, regarding this new approach, so what if they are -
 distancing themselves from the Hindu roots? Maybe they feel
 that has been off-putting for many people, and better to
 downplay it.
 But
 as has been pointed out, that is nothing different than has
 been done from the beginning.  Maharishi started with a
 spiritual approach, and then shifted to a more scientific
 approach, because it would appeal to more
 people.
 You
 want to get people though the door.  You want to get
 them to the introductory lecture.  You want to outline
 the benefits.
 happen to be able to observe some this new approach up
 close, and it seems to be having some results. That and a
 lower fee for learning.
 You
 are more comfortable making blanket (mostly all negative)
 statements about the TMO and Maharishi. But  like many
 endeavors, you can choose to participate to whatever degree
 you like.  Meditating for twenty minutes twice a day,
 would, I think, be a healthy activity for most
 people.

<mjackson74@...>
 wrote :

 Come on Steve, be
 real - you know damn good and well they are distancing
 themselves from the Hindu roots and from Maharishi himself -
 if you can't see how disingenuous that is then you are a
 truly sheared TM sheep.

 On Mon, 3/31/14, steve.sundur@...
 <steve.sundur@...>

 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com

 Date: Monday, March 31, 2014, 2:55 PM

 You''ve always got it figured out Michael.

  Doesn't matter how many twists and turns you have

 to make, the conclusion is always the same.  So what
 if

 the TMO has adjusted their message, or their pitch?

  That's what organizations do.  Maybe the

 problem you're having is that they seem to be having

 some success.  Let's face it, that's wall
 galls

 you.  And really, I don't think you're ashamed

 to admit it.

 <mjackson74@...>

 wrote :

 You are both

 full of it - the TMO is attempting to tap into a new tier
 of

 customers and they are doing it in part to distance

 themselves from the Old Goat because they know he has
 become

 a liability. I know what you are saying, as to M's

 references to the Self, but they have never done an ad

 campaign like this - everything they do is a calculated
 move

 to gain adherents, money and like the idiots they are,

 create a "vedic" society.

 On Mon, 3/31/14, steve.sundur@...

 <steve.sundur@...>

 wrote:

 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com

 Date: Monday, March 31, 2014, 12:19 PM

 Now that was

 a "good catch" Judy.

 <authfriend@...>

 wrote :

 Er, Michael,

 more likely the New Age got "It's all the

 Self" from TM. The Self has always been a TM thing.

 It's what you're said to experience when you

 transcend, remember? Boy, you are really out in

 left field here.

 <mjackson74@...>

 wrote :

 Oh

 my God! Its happening - pulling away from its Hindu and

 then

 "it's all science" roots and tapping into the

 vague New Age ""it's all the Self"

 hoodoo! These TM'ers are SHAMELESS in selling the

 nostrums.

 On Mon, 3/31/14,

 nablusoss1008 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com mailto:no_re...@yahoogroups.com>

 wrote: