IMO, if he were to take lessons in painting technique, it might kill what
talent he has. The portraits, at least, are to my eye very "right-brained"; he
has just enough technique to be able to do a recognizable likeness and get his
very vivid sense of the personality on the canvas. If he had to think too much
about what he was doing, it could get in the way of that process. Maybe if he'd
started studying when he was much younger it would have become second nature by
now.

 I'm startled, frankly, that he has as much insight into people as the
portraits reveal. There's a lot more in them than in anything Hitler ever
painted, as far as I'm concerned. If I had more money than I knew what to do
with, I might buy a portrait or two if they were for sale and the price was
reasonable (thousands, not millions). I'm surprised at myself that I find them
so appealing, because I REALLY hate Bush!

 I'd like to know how much they would go for. Not sure how much of a draw his
name would be even as the work isn't that good. Hitler's watercolour daubings
would probably sell for a lot even though they aren't anything special. I
suppose it's what history thinks of the celeb doing the work. Dubya needs
training too much and that's obvious, so they won't be going for the sort of
stupid prices a Van Gough or Monet would.

 Salyavin,

 It all depends if he can sell these artworks for millions during his lifetime,
and if the art collectors in the future would value them like those of Van
Gough and Monet.  But I would have to give him credit for expanding his
creative talents after leading the US into expensive war campaigns in Iraq and
Afghanistan.

 George W. Bush has recently displayed his works of art, as shown in the link
below.  What do you think?

 He's a better artist than he was a president.

 http://news.yahoo.com/photos/portraits-by-george-w-bush-slideshow/
http://news.yahoo.com/photos/portraits-by-george-w-bush-slideshow/