Thanks, I'll give you all the due consideration you are due, dude.

 I think Lawson, you need to get a little beyond MMY's *Yoga-lite for
modernity* and start studying Yoga per se, I think you'll understand even MMY
better IMO. MMY never taught TM in the context of Yoga, except marginally and
most of what he taught he never bothered to reconcile with contemporary
understandings of classical Yoga.
 The Self IS BLISS, in Yoga it's called the Ananda-Maya-Kosha, or bliss
covering, it IS the jiva that has yet to be  expanded into the ONE, or God
immanent in all creation; beyond that is Brahman, and the Unity of the two is
what I believe MMY called Brahm, or the conjoining of Silence and Dynamism.

 If you haven't experienced Bliss you haven't even transcended to experience
your own soul, much less God's, or Brahman! Ha....

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <LEnglish5@...> wrote :

 Yes, but even so, that break between thoughts can still be there. The ultimate
meditation is when you have no thoughts, no mantra for the entire period and
never leave the PC again.

 Plenty of people have self-during-meditation at all times in meditation
practices. That's no big deal.

 M said on my Age of Enlightenmnet course that no mantra , no thoughts
transcending was just in the *beginning days* of meditation. That as one
developes, one would experience a combination of silence or stillness
underlying thoughts and mantra indicating the developement of CC, transcendence
and activity(mental) at the same time. Transendental awareness can be
experienced as *flat* or with that bubbling laughter like bliss