From: Bhairitu <noozg...@sbcglobal.net>

To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 8:43 PM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] More Mother India -- "Take your poo to the loo"

What is "Modern India?"  The place hasn't changed much since the British left.
Most of the wiring in buildings is from the 1910s.  Reminded me of the 1930s
"Frankenstein" movie.  The rich are terrible enfants there too so they can't
tax them enough to make modern sewage and water systems.  You'd think they
would prefer to not see open sewers.

OTOH, it would take a PSA like that change things there.  Those of
      us who have traveled in Indian and know the culture can understand
      how it could work.

Heck, all it took to stop drunken British tourists from shitting in the streets
of Sitges was to institute some heavy fines. :-)