Well, if there were a disagreement between Big Bopper Bevan and Craig Pearson
about some aspect of MUM's running, who do you think would win the argument?
On Mon, 4/21/14, steve.sun...@yahoo.com <steve.sun...@yahoo.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Student Housing and More
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Date: Monday, April 21, 2014, 10:26 AM

       Hey
 Michael,
 Most
 of what I know about the school comes from the annual
 publication I get listing achievements and donors about and
 to MUM..  (and yes, I am listed as making a small
 donation)
 But
 as I understand it Craig Pearson is the administrative head
 of the school.
 Now,
 whether he takes his orders from the Rajas, or Bevan, or if
 is able to work independently, I don't
 know.
 I do
 happen to know someone higher up in the school
 administration and talk to him very infrequently.  But
 the impression I get is that those administrators handle to
 day to day running, without a lot of direct oversight or
 interference from the rajas.
 Of
 course, in the same publication, they also list the trustees
 of the university.  They are many, and very few (if
 any) are  rajas, IIRC.
 So,
 that may offer a different perspective than the one you are
 offering.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <mjackson74@...>
 wrote :

 an offshoot? What
 are you smoking? Let's see - the leader of the Movement,
 King-Pin Tony CALLS himself not only a king but the BIG
 king, he wears robes and a big ass gold crown - all the
 other leaders including Bevan are all robe and crown wearers
 - these asses RUN the Movement - if the rajas aren't in
 charge who is? The fact that you can't accept these guys
 have become the face of the new Movement is indicative of
 just how deep your denial runs.

  On Sun, 4/20/14, steve.sundur@...
 <steve.sundur@...>

 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com

 Date: Sunday, April 20, 2014, 10:12 PM

 I think

 it's called the World Wide Web.

 The

 Rajas are just a weird offshoot of the main organization.

  I'm not sure what direct connection the Rajas
 have

 to academic life.

 As

 for due diligence during the time you were involved in the

 organization and people looking at it now, it's sort of

 like indicting the Collective Papers for being so low on

 Amazon's Book list compared to the guy's book that

 just came out about the murder of his fellow MUM student. A

 lot has changed in thirty years.

 The

 world just doesn't turn exactly the way you want it to

 Michael.  You have to get used to that fact.

  Despite your earnest efforts to defeat the

 organization in every way you can, you may end up being

 frustrated.

 But

 I'm sure you'll stay at it.  It appears to be

 quite a preoccupation for you.

 And

 really, if truth be told, it seems to have come on heels of

 your other failed spiritual ventures.  Perhaps all
 that

 frustration got all balled up, and this is now the

 result.

 Just

 sayin'

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
 <mjackson74@...>

 wrote :

 You must be

 living with your head in the sand Share - the TMO masks a

 great deal of what it does from the outside observer

 including those who are prospective students. I have told

 the story of how I just a few months ago had a good talk

 with a young man and his mother. The boy was intent on
 going

 to MUM - they had been to visitors weekend and didn't

 even know anything about the rajas! I had been in the TM

 mindset for 10 years before I went to MIU and I had no idea

 of the stupid crap I would have to put up with while on

 staff - no one does unless they have been on staff or as a

 student.

 On Sun, 4/20/14, Share Long <sharelong60@...>

 wrote:

 To: "FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com"

 <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>

 Date: Sunday, April 20, 2014, 9:28 PM

 salyavin, in this day and age, however could a person join

 utopian cult without realizing it?! Sounds to me like

 someone who didn't do their due diligence.

 And if it's really as bad as the blogger claims,

 wouldn't he have noticed the trailer park etc. when he

 first arrived. Plenty of time to get money back or not

 enroll at all. I doubt that the blog is telling his part in

 all this.

 The students at MUM now are very different than the

 students

 who were at MIU in 1975. Back then many were TM teachers

 and

 or had already been meditating for a few years.

 Californians! Nowadays they're into David Lynch or

 sustainable living or organic food or some combo or these

 (-:

 As for me, I'm no longer on the inside and haven't

 been for almost 12 years, 7 of which I didn't even go

 the Dome. Plus I have constant contact

 with my non meditating family so I'm aware of how it

 all looks to non meditators.

 On Sunday, April 20,

 2014 3:37 PM, salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>

 wrote:

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,

 <sharelong60@...> wrote :

 Well salyavin, in all my years here,

 we've only had one earthquake and it's epicenter

 was

 over in Illinois across the Mighty Mississip, a river which

 supposedly has a fault line running down it.

 I'll have to ask some

 vastu dwellers about the homeowners insurance.

 PS btw, speaking of good

 questions, I think mine is a good question too: if this

 blogger is so unhappy with MUM, why does he continue being

 student there?!

 As I said, he probably

 has his money invested in it, be hard to change to another

 one without losing any downpayments or even just getting on

 another course at this stage without starting

 again.

 Maybe he's

 got a lot of anger at finding out that he joined a

 utopianist cult without realising it? I've never been

 FF or MUM but I know how the movement works and let's

 face it, the TMO is more than a bit weird. You may not

 think

 so as you are on the inside but the TM worldview is unusual

 and takes some getting used to for anyone. If you

 steadfastly refuse to adopt it then you will be unhappy. Is

 it possible to just go to MUM and not notice what everyone

 else believes?