 Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Brahmachari Girish Varma Ji "is to be praised"?
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Date: Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 11:43 AM

 It's you who are puzzled as to why someone
 with a lot of money might need to resort to threats. The
 question marks are a way of saying 'what about power or
 control' as personality traits or needs someone might
 use as justification for abuse.
 And nowhere do I try and mix any accusations,
 it's YOU who told us he was a
 billionaire.
 But you're right that no one has any idea
 about this case. Other than it's the Age of
 Enlightenment and just
 maybe this wasn't in the glorious
 plan?

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote :

 You
 posted several question marks meaning you have no more clue
 to this case than anyone else. And you're making an
 effort to make a mess of this case by mixing where
 the money came from and an accusation of rape. Most people
 won't see this as a relevant connection.

 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote :

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote :

 Girish
 is a billionaire. It doesn't make much sense that he
 would have to resort to threats to have sex.

 Power?
 Control?
 And why are you so sanguine
 about the fact he's a billionaire anyway, any money
 he's got came from yagya's and teaching fees. If
 most people in the TMO knew their donations went on
 air-conditioned Mercedes do you think they'd be happy
 about any of this?
 But it doesn't get past
 the editors of Global Good News so they have no
 idea.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <LEnglish5@...>
 wrote :

 Dunno
 anything about Girish Varma except that many people who are
 hostile to Maharishi are also hostile to him. The accusation
 of rape is interesting because the behavior allegedly lasted
 for about 15 years, and involved the wife of his assistant
 being invited to accompany her husband on trips so that
 Varma would be able to access the room of the husband and
 wife whenever he wanted while the husband was doing errands
 for Varma.
 According to the wife, this allowed Varma to have
 sex with her over a period of 15 years whenever her husband
 went out. The wife kept her mouth shut on the threat that
 her husband and she would lose their jobs if she said
 anything. The husband says that he knew nothing of the
 arrangement until about a year or so ago when he was fired,
 and his wife was fired, thereupon she confessed the
 arrangement to him and they went to the police.
 This is India we are talking about,  so I
 nave no idea how plausible the scenario is within that
 culture.