You are trying to tell us you didn't know Girish was a billionaire ? I don't
buy that, and if true you are more out of the loop than I imagined. Which says
a lot :-)

 And I'm not at all puzzled as I'm not convinced he did these things. If he
wanted sex he could easily rent a escort girl and enjoy her company for as long
as he liked. To have to use threats doesn't seem very likely for someone with
that kind of money.

 You always shout out loud about "evidence" for this and that. Perhaps it's
time for you to produce some evidence or stop making comments about something
you know little.
 But I'm not very optimistic, seems I have had that thought regarding you
before already.

 It's you who are puzzled as to why someone with a lot of money might need to
resort to threats. The question marks are a way of saying 'what about power or
control' as personality traits or needs someone might use as justification for
abuse.

 And nowhere do I try and mix any accusations, it's YOU who told us he was a
billionaire.

 But you're right that no one has any idea about this case. Other than it's the
Age of Enlightenment and just maybe this wasn't in the glorious plan?

 You posted several question marks meaning you have no more clue to this case
than anyone else. And you're making an effort to make a mess of this case by
mixing where the money came from and an accusation of rape. Most people won't
see this as a relevant connection.

 Girish is a billionaire. It doesn't make much sense that he would have to
resort to threats to have sex.

 Power? Control?

 And why are you so sanguine about the fact he's a billionaire anyway, any
money he's got came from yagya's and teaching fees. If most people in the TMO
knew their donations went on air-conditioned Mercedes do you think they'd be
happy about any of this?

 But it doesn't get past the editors of Global Good News so they have no idea.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <LEnglish5@...> wrote :

 Dunno anything about Girish Varma except that many people who are hostile to
Maharishi are also hostile to him. The accusation of rape is interesting
because the behavior allegedly lasted for about 15 years, and involved the wife
of his assistant being invited to accompany her husband on trips so that Varma
would be able to access the room of the husband and wife whenever he wanted
while the husband was doing errands for Varma.

 According to the wife, this allowed Varma to have sex with her over a period
of 15 years whenever her husband went out. The wife kept her mouth shut on the
threat that her husband and she would lose their jobs if she said anything. The
husband says that he knew nothing of the arrangement until about a year or so
ago when he was fired, and his wife was fired, thereupon she confessed the
arrangement to him and they went to the police.

 This is India we are talking about,  so I nave no idea how plausible the
scenario is within that culture.