Excellent post.

I just started studying him seriously this year when I was getting into
Afro-carribian rhythms. I got his Chess recordings box set and dug in. Rhythm
king.

Now I include one of his songs in my sets and just lean on the rhythm using the
guitar as a percussion instrument. Every verse is more hypnotic it is so much
fun to sing.

Who Do You Love

I walk 47 miles of barbed wire,
I use a cobra-snake for a necktie,
I got a brand new house on the roadside,
Made from rattlesnake hide,
I got a brand new chimney made on top,
Made out of a human skull,
Now come on take a walk with me, arlene,
And tell me, who do you love?

Who do you love?
Who do you love?
Who do you love?
Who do you love?

Tombstone hand and a graveyard mine,
Just 22 and I don't mind dying.

Who do you love?
Who do you love?
Who do you love?
Who do you love?

I rode around the town, use a rattlesnake whip,
Take it easy arlene, don't give me no lip,

Who do you love?
Who do you love?
Who do you love?
Who do you love?

Night was dark, but the sky was blue,
Down the alley, the ice-wagon flew,
Heard a bump, and somebody screamed,
You should have heard just what I seen.

Who do you love?
Who do you love?
Who do you love?
Who do you love?

Arlene took me by my hand,
And she said oh bo, you know I understand.

Who do you love?
Who do you love?
Who do you love?
Who do you love?

 Bo Diddley

 "If you ask me I'd say that there is nothing, just absolutely nothing, that
you can do in your whole entire lifetime that will top the level of cool that
Bo Diddley hit in this performance back in 1965." - Jason McHenry

 Bo Diddley- Live Performance
 http://youtu.be/IMZjAOoX6nw http://youtu.be/IMZjAOoX6nw

 Bo Diddley - 1955 45 RPM recording
 http://youtu.be/8XxGUIbYjmY http://youtu.be/8XxGUIbYjmY

 You Can't Judge a Book by the Cover
 http://youtu.be/Lch0o4wwGyw http://youtu.be/Lch0o4wwGyw

 One of the founders, if not the founder of rock 'n roll, Bo Diddley invented
the rock signature beat, a simple five-accent clave driving rhythm. Hard edge
electric guitar - one of the corner stones of rock. In 2004, Rolling Stone
ranked him No. 20 on their list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bo_Diddley http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bo_Diddley