 P.S.: And it says far more when it's men ragging on a woman's looks. It marks
them as male chauvinists at best and misogynists at worst, no matter what they
may claim in other contexts. (Especially when they do it without knowing what
the woman looks like, as Barry did with me.) Speculating negatively about a
woman's love life (as Barry has also done with me--he should only know!) falls
in the same category.

 It's usually the last ditch effort by some loser to bring the equivalent of
someone's mother or sister into the argument. Lacking any better ammo they
simply resort to petty sniping at things unrelated to anything. Bawwy and Grey
simply possess zero class. Period. Of course, Bawwy appearing intermittently in
posted pictures here as the rumpled, grizzled, old fart that he is makes his
comments almost hilarious - but not quite. It simply points him out as someone
with a huge double standard - you know, the ones that imagine themselves above
the need to give a shit about what they look like because they have so much
going in the charm, intelligence and creativity department.

 Oh, OK, thanks for explaining. I agree, faces are purely incidental here.
Apparently Barry and azgray feel otherwise, but it seems to me that to rag on
what someone looks like exposes a certain, well, deficit in the ability to come
up with meaningful criticism of the person's participation. It says far more
about them than it does about the object of their disapprobation.