Unless Harris has started to refer to himself in the 3rd person (he has not)
this is a misleading attribution. Nothing here is from his book, you are
quoting people who are misrepresenting his ideas.

You are the reference guy Richard, come on man keep it tight.

 On 5/2/2014 9:22 PM, curtisdeltablues@... mailto:curtisdeltablues@... wrote:
 > Harris advocates a first strike against Iran?

 A first nuclear strike against Iran may be the only option considering
 the goal of Sunni Islam is the annihilation of the Western world. The
 enemy is the closed society that preaches violence and death against
 everyone that does not believe in Allah. Harris pulls no punches - he is
 a pragmatist.

 > That's not controversialy, that's insane.

 So, in order to avoid the danger that lies ahead - vast human atrocities
 - maybe we should consider the nuclear option. According to Harris, this
 may be the only option available to us, "given what Islamists believe in
 the event of an Islamist regime such as Iran acquiring nuclear weapons
 capability."

 Work cited:

 'The End of Faith: Religion, Terror, and the Future of Reason'
 by Sam Harris
 W. W. Norton, 2004
 p. 129

 ---