There certainly seems to be something of us, existing beyond the body, and
whatever that is, it doesn't care a whole lot about who we are, this time, or
any other time, around. As important as we seem to ourselves, now, we are
clearly disposable, in the service of that which is not. It is our
consciousness that continues, using whatever vehicle becomes available, whether
through this body, or the next one. Paradoxically, I would never treat this
vessel in a cavalier way - it is all I have, right now.
---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote :

 I have heard he said it many different ways. Maharishi was repetitive; he had
basically the same message for over 50 years. As he said to one teacher
'Haven't you noticed I say the same thing over and over again?'

 The subject of reincarnation I find intriguing because, from a spiritual point
of view, exactly what does reincarnation mean? The typical thing seems to be
there is some special something in you that survives death of the body and
somehow re-inhabits another body later on, but I have never bought that
explanation. I have always thought it had to do with how the mind fragments
experience, that is reincarnation - embodiment - is something that happens in
real time now, something that breaks the unity of experience into separate
embodied pieces each of which, to the viewpoint of the mind, has a beginning, a
birth, and an ending, a death.

 Just to be picky, "I don't believe in it" can mean either "I don't believe it
exists" or "I'm opposed to it." If you're opposed to abortion, you might well
say, "I don't believe in abortion."

 Anyway, what I heard that he said was "Reincarnation is for the ignorant,"
which is better than either.