Mahesh was, probably still in, a clever manipulator of words. If you
follow him (his talks) over time, you will notice that he seems to
pick up more information as he goes -or- as time passed he became
more confident in talking about the things he had learned. Anyone who
has been on TTC or ATR with him has probably noticed the wannabe's in
the crowd who undertake to teach him something. This, certainly, is
something all teachers suffer from, of course; but in Mahesh's case
it was quite the bonus, like some professor using his students to do
research for him.

The longer Mahesh traveled, the more he learned. One of the things he
learned is that his own clever way of manipulating words was a real
crowd pleaser. He was hardly above dissing the "opposition" ... so
whether or not he knew anything about reincarnation, for example, or
bodhisattvas, it was to his advantage to appear "superior" to such
things!

An old-timer at a.m.t. used to say that watching the back-and-forth
at a.m.t. was fascinating, like watching a train-wreck! Mahesh turned
his whole "movement" into a fascinating train-wreck.

Someone asked him, once, about all the gang killings in a certain
huge city. He quipped: the criminals and killing the criminals ...
and then laughed! I didn't before then know that killing was funny.
Now, on reflection, I recognize the likelihood that he was simply
laughing at his own cleverness; narcissists are like that.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ingegerd"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > And, "Its for the ignorant."
> >
> > Or for Bodhisattvas, who care more about other sentient
> > beings than they do about dwelling in eternal bliss, a
> > concept that seems to have escaped Maharishi completely.
>
> It seems that MMY in the first years in the West, he would not talk
> about reincarnation, maybe because he did not want "Deep
Meditation"