Here's what Barry spouted about "holding court" in his other, longer post.
Doesn't quite seem to fit with what Share describes as "generativity," does it?

You wanted to be perceived as "knowing" things that others didn't, just as you
perceived that in the particular guy or gal at the front of your rooms, whether
or not it was ever true. A part of you tried to convince other parts of you
that you wanted this for altruistic reasons, to *help* people and assist them
on their path to enlightenment, but if you think about it, there's a shitload
of ego and hubris even in that justification.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <emilymaenot@...> wrote :

 Sorry Share, I think what you spouted reflects, for one simple example, the
ignorance of never having children.  Parenting isn't an experience that can be
transferred, so I don't fault you. I haven't read either of these
psychologists, so can't comment on the context of what they were saying or how
you've applied it to what Barry spouted.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <emilymaenot@...> wrote :

 Don't kid yourself Share.  What you've just spouted is all surface bullshit.

 What turq is calling "holding court" psychologists Erickson and Piaget called
generativity, the passing on of one's experience based wisdom to the next
generation. It's considered a natural stage of human development. The problem
might be that on FFL we're all pretty much at that stage with no youngsters
around to impart to!

 On Saturday, May 31, 2014 8:11 AM, "TurquoiseBee turquoiseb@...