Hey Michael,

 I love you like a brother, but this lens, or filter through which you see the
world is outdated in my opinion.

 Or maybe it's because I've been out of that orbit for so long that I can't
think of why someone would want to put themselves in the position of a teacher,
and why also, someone would want to latch onto a supposed teacher.

 Yea, I've been out of circulation for too long.  Or maybe its just seeing the
world in a more mature way.

 Reflecting further, there was a time when the spiritual quest seemed a more
valuable currency.  Now, currency is the real currency.

 On the other hand, in other ways, I think the world has caught up to some of
the ideals espoused by spiritual organizations, including TM, which of course,
I am most familiar with.

 (shields up!)

 I appreciate the fact that Mr. Gilpin had no desire to become an object of
adoration, a guru. Most people's egos would have made a different choice, no
matter what kind of spiritual gauze they might wrap the choice in.