Well, perhaps you didn't see his behavior as co-opting Maharishi's teachings,
but giving people advice on how to make TM-Sidhis practice better, certainly is
the kind of thing that I would call "co-opting Maharishi's teaching."

 Notice I didnt' mean that he co-opted Maharishi's teachigns as his own, but
that he decided he was competent enough to give advice and that it was
appropriate for him to do so.

 Perhaps "co-opt Maharishi's position AS teacher" is a better way of putting it.

 L.

I wrote:

 Also, Robin had no intention of co-opting Maharishi's teaching, as I've
already pointed out here recently (so has Ann, who was with him at MIU), and he
did indeed ask for a formal nod from Maharishi as to his enlightenment and the
changes he wanted to make to the movement. Maharishi, not surprisingly, refused
to give permission, and Robin gave up.

 Add: "...refused to give permission or endorse his enlightenment...."