As MMY used to point out:

 Recollecting the mantra (boing, boing) is simple, natural remembering and does
not require some special or applied effort at recall. Therefore, the first
shift of attention from thinking/feeling/sensing is effortless because
remembering the mantra is effortless.

 Recognizing “Oh, I am now thinking” is also a natural occurrence and does not
require self-reflective examination, mental analysis or any type of
self-monitoring process. Therefore, the second shift of attention is also
effortless.

 Therefore … since two shifts of attention were effortless, likewise the third
shift.

 Returning to the mantra (boing, boing), is the third shift of attention and is
just recollecting it like the first shift of attention … “I was thinking of
something other than the mantra. “Oh … boing, boing”.

  • [FairfieldLife] "... emptyb...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [FairfieldLife] ... lengli...@cox.net [FairfieldLife]
      • [FairfieldLi... lengli...@cox.net [FairfieldLife]
        • [Fairfie... s3raph...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]