How do you know it is the mantra you're remembering? (This isn't a deep
philosophical query.) Say your mantra is "potato" and you *hear* yourself
repeating "potahto" then you'd be relaxed about that as we are encouraged to
allow the syllable to mutate without trying to think it clearly. So the mantra
can settle down to being a vague pulse and we're cool.
 What I was curious about was those advanced techniques. When you learn a new
mantra - and with additional syllables - doesn't it require effort to keep
reminding yourself that you are repeating the new mantra correctly? So wouldn't
it be less effective than the simple bija mantra beginners are given which are
chosen precisely because they can be easily forgotten?

 (On a related note: does repeating the sidhi mantras not require a more
conscious effort than regular TM? - they seem to be repeated with eyes open
judging by film footage of hoppers - so I'm guessing TM takes you deeper than
samyama.)

  • [FairfieldLife]... emptyb...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [Fairfield... lengli...@cox.net [FairfieldLife]
      • [Fairf... lengli...@cox.net [FairfieldLife]