One thing I keep in mind with all these expressions of higher states is that
Maharishi said that Unity meant being able to express the full value of any
siddhi at any time, and that until that were the case, any experience was of no
more validity than a philosophical stance.

 He also said that practicing the TM-Sidhis would be an eye-opener for some
people as to what state of consciousness they were really in.

 Have you ever had a spiritual experience that you told no one about, and then
you find yourself reading it on-line, from someone you have never met, or,
listening to a friend describe the same thing?

 I just found my old 7 SOC tape by MMY, and it was queued up for CC, and he
specifically mentions, "attunement with universal intelligence and power". No
one really talks in terms of that much, and yet, it is the key, both to
assessing one's progress, spiritually, and here on earth, too.

 Although there are no ways to measure Brahman (by definition), there are
things said, and written, here and there, that allow us to gauge our progress.
Jay's book is a good example. I read one of his many years ago, and these
quotes may be from that one - nonetheless, there is something that resonates in
his descriptions, that wouldn't, if he were just making it up.

 After CC stabilizes, there is no reason to look for false hope in higher
states of consciousness, anyway, since the truth of life is always
self-evident. It is a waste of time to mood make, even before it starts.

 The universe always finds a way to get its message out, positively, or
negatively. My ongoing goal is to maximize my attunement with the universe, it
being a lot bigger than I am, and take it from there. I have always focused
more on concrete achievements in life, though it is fascinating to discover
correlates to states of consciousness, that were previously thought to be
unavailable.
---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <LEnglish5@...> wrote :

 Of course, no-one knows if he had this state, and no-one knows if this state
actually exists.

 We don't even have physiological studies on people in simple "Unity" letalone
anyone who can float during Yogic Flying practice, and what he's referring to
as Brahmin Consciousness sounds to be much further beyond Yogic Flying,
floating stage, as the floating stage is beyond the hopping stage.

 5/19-Maharishi: How Unity Consciousness becomes Brahman Consciousness &
becomes a part of Brahman

"Now, in the beginning days of Unity the object of the main focus of attention
is appreciated in terms of the Self. This object is seen -- the eyes fall on it
-- this object is appreciated in terms of the subject. But the eyes not only
fall on this; there is the whole paraphernalia in the background. But that is
in the background. The main focus is on this carnation, the secondary focus is
on the table, the third-grade focus is on the floor, the fourth-grade is on
this side. So, there are degrees of focus. In the beginning days of Unity only
the first focus -- the object of first attention -- is in terms of the Self,
and when this state is lived for a while the object of the second focus also
participates in the same value. A little more practice, a little more living of
Unity, and even the objects of the third-grade focus and then the fourth-grade
focus [are in terms of the Self]. Like that, as we start to live the near
environment in terms of the Self, so the ability to appreciate the farther
values of the environment in terms of the Self keeps increasing. And the time
comes when all the galactic universe, which we can't even see -- the whole
thing becomes concretely cognized, and appreciated in terms of the Self. And
that is the last [furthest] range of Unity Consciousness which, due to its
different characteristic, has been given a name: Brahman Consciousness. It's
Unity Consciousness; only, it's the expansion of Unity."

 ~Maharishi~

 ~Seelisberg, Switzerland -- October 4, 1973~

~Conversations with Maharishi, Volume 1 (p. 50-51)-- Edited by Dr. Vernon Katz
-- 2011~

 * * * * * * *

 "From Unity is born that wholeness which is Brahman, in comparison to which,
Unity becomes a part, has the value of a part."

 ~Maharishi~

 ~Vittel, France -- September 19, 1973
~Conversations with Maharishi, Volume 1 (p. 51) -- Edited by Dr. Vernon Katz --
2011~

  • [FairfieldLife]... Share Long sharelon...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [Fairfield... lengli...@cox.net [FairfieldLife]
      • [Fairf... fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]