 From: "TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]"
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
To: "FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 7, 2014 10:16 AM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] ENLIGHTENMENT MYTHS

Thanks for posting this, Anartaxius. I have successfully downloaded the
attachment, and will try to read it later today or later this weekend, when I
have time to do so, and will comment if I feel I have comments to make.

For now, I will say that I agree with his list of myths about enlightenment,
and agree with the basic principle that they ARE myths. I do NOT hold that what
people have called "enlightenment" does not exist. I believe it does, but that
it is a purely subjective experience that 1) defies description, 2) defies
categorization or hierarchization, 3) is no "better" or "higher" than any other
experience, and 4) may not be duplicatible. By #4 I mean that it is possible
IMO that every person who experiences the subjective experience that they call
"enlightenment" is experiencing a *different* experience or set of experiences.
They may have some similarities with what others claim to experience and call
"enlightenment," but essentially they'll all be different, even though the
claimants CLAIM that they're all the same.

If I feel like commenting more after reading the essay, I will. If not, the
above can stand as my "take" on enlightenment. I think it's an OK experience,
as experiences go, but no more important or "special" than any other
experience. The attempt to claim otherwise is IMO *always* an attempt to sell
somebody something -- whether that "something" be a technique or membership in
some supposedly "special" or "elite" lineage or group.