ego seems to be my pet project.  can't worry about the other ones right  now.
(-:

 Steve, another perspective on all this that I like comes from Lester Levensen
who puts pride at the top of the "negative" emotions, just above anger and just
below courageousness which he believes is the first of the "positive" emotions.

 On Sunday, June 8, 2014 9:11 AM, "steve.sundur@... [FairfieldLife]"
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

One of the first things I learned, of course, is how much residual NPD I had in
myself, having picked up so much of it from my one-time role models. NPD is
contagious. So I set myself a mindfulness task, to try to detect those traits
"early" from then on, and then exercise my free will to try to avoid acting
them out. This was almost 20 years ago now, and I'd say that in the time since
I've become a bit better at avoiding them.

I think this falls into the category of inner work, which in my opinion is one
the legs of making progress in one's life, spiritual or otherwise.

 And really, one of the reason's I like Jim's perspective is that he is one of
the few who has consistently mentioned this.

 For me, the struggle, or maybe the peskiness with ego is something I've dealt
with for almost 40 years.  And the permutations of ego change over that time,
or so it seems to me.

 I've installed a mental program to keep an eye on it, and work, yes work, to
keep it in check.

          • ... emilymae...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
  • [FairfieldLife]... authfri...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]