Comments below...(yawn)

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

 --In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <authfriend@...> wrote :

 Excellent example of Curtis's context-appropriating technique. He doesn't want
to address his own double standards, so all of a sudden it's about me rather
than him.

C: One of your most persistent but bogus charges. No one here acts in the exact
same way toward everyone. You are contriving a double standard by comparing
posts that have no business being compared other than your malicious agenda. My
standard is simple, I interact with people the way they interact with me.
Friendly gets friendly. I also comment on or use as a writing prompt posts
people make to each other based on the vagaries of whim and whether or not I am
stuck at my computer for a while. Barry and I get along well. I don't have a
Barry problem. YOU seem to have a Barry problem. Put on your big girl pants and
deal with it as stop whining to me about it.

 As I've told you umpty times--including in my next paragraph!--I'm not the
only one here with a "Barry problem." He's a problem for the group as a whole.
I've pointed out before that you try to limit this to Barry vs. Judy because it
makes it easier for you to wiggle out of your moral obligation.

 J: Barry has been the "bad guy" here for many years. and not just through my
"lens." He's been a constant blight on the interactions here. And you're the
only person here who could conceivably have any influence over him, because he
admires and respects you.

C: I have no influence over Barry nor want to.

 You've never tried to get Barry to see how his behavior affects the group.
Maybe you'd fail, but even so, if you put it out there, it would be good for
others to see that you found his behavior unacceptable.

 You and I have been over all this before, several times.

 I like Barry and my interactions with him, even when we disagree, have been
positive. He enjoys taunting you and from what I see you enjoy having a focus
of attention here on him. Seem to work for everyone nicely. Your Barry problem
is not my Barry problem.

 Again: NOT JUST MY "BARRY PROBLEM." Try dealing with the real issue. Barry is
an FFL problem.

 J: Fortunately, his own influence here has been waning as he retreats further
and further into fantasy. So your moral obligation to the forum with regard to
his behavior has lessened accordingly.

C: Moral obligation? WTF? This is a chat forum Judy, you need to get a real
life. You are trying to elevate your judgementalism to being more than that. It
is not working. Like Robin, you believe your opinion represents more than that.

 You know, Curtis, I get to have standards of behavior just as you do. So did
Robin.

It is your lack of emotional intelligence that gets you into these
dysfunctional relationships online Judy. The direction for your relief is not
out here with how other people are acting and making choices. It is inside you
where the change needs to happen. Other people are never going to act according
to your expectations and judgements. That is because they are other people and
do not think as you do.

 Thank you, Doctor. As I have with Share, I'll give your opinion the weight it
deserves.

 You should have nailed this down in kindergarten. But you can't and we both
know why.

 We do?? Actually, I have no idea what you think you "know." Care to let me in
on the secret?

 J: That, however, doesn't change the fact of your hypocrisy.

C: You need a trip to Mr. Dictionary since you don't seem to understand the
meaning of this word. I post exactly as I say I will post, at my discretion,
whenever I want to whomever I want. I pick my battles and create online buddies
from post to post. You have an opinion about the choices I make.

 Yes, I do. I think you're a hypocrite (in many ways, not just this one).

I think that is just precious.

 Glad you enjoy it.

 J:Barry's egregious mistreatment of so many here--vastly more extreme than
anything Share has ever had to contend with--doesn't bother you because he
gives you support, but those you're at odds with, you choose to slam.

C: Right it is all really always about Barry being a bad guy and if you don't
go after him you are a bad person. That narritive is getting a little
threadbare like a favorite Teddy bear that has been loved to death. It is the
lens through which you see everything here, so you actually see very little.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

 You just gotta laugh at Curtis's hypocrisy. How many times in the past has he
been adamant that it was wrong to expect him to criticize Barry's incredibly
obnoxious behavior, or to defend someone who had been unjustly attacked? If
people can't fight their own battles, he declared, they don't have to post here.

C: So you are unclear that my issue was with an expectation that such support
was morally required of someone not that anyone ever chooses to do so on their
own? i wonder how you do your job with such a poor grasp of ideas and language.

But wait, you did say "it was wrong to expect" so you actually did understand
my point and then went ahead and presented it as if it means something
completely different. WTF?

It would be wrong for Share to expect me to be obligated to defend her against
the "Share is whatever" mob just because we post in a friendly way toward each
other.

So again I am left with the quandary, bullshittery or dummassitude on your part?

And yes Share can fight her own battle just fine I wasn't writing for her I was
doing it because I enjoyed it without obligation toward her.

 J: Poor Share thinks his post is all about defending her. It's not. It's about
attacking the folks Curtis
doesn't like.

C: I have had friendly conversations with everyone involved in this discussion
at one time or another. Sorry to contradict your simplistic reductionist
narrative. I do not like their behavior toward Share and my posts expressed
that opinion.