 From: "steve.sun...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 12:02 AM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: to Ann

And it's also kind of funny.  One day you'll get a bunch of posts here about
how he wasn't qualified to be a teacher of meditation because of this reason or
that reason, or that he didn't follow the traditional Indian protocols, and
then the next day you'll get an equal number of posts describing what a
traditional Hindu he was, trying to foist that agenda on his organization.

I will say that there was an emphasis put on the Hindu side of things. Hindu
holy days etc.

I never had a problem with it, but it isn't of much interest to me now.

Hey Michael, how you doin'?  Now, that is sort of funny.  That wasn't the
question I asked, but you have knack of tying anything to your usual theme.

Yes, no doubt there was a lot of repetition in MMY's message.  Yes, it could
get rather dull.  But for me, well, I found many gems.  I gained insight into
Vedic knowledge and Hindu scriptures.  You hear the criticism that M was no
student of Hinduism or the Vedas.  And it seems that most of that criticism
centers on the mantras, or whether he was qualified to have the role of a
teacher, or one of so many other "technical" points.

Like any of that mattered to me.  Not!

I found his knowledge of the Vedas to be profound.  I think his commentary of
the Gita was profound.

Please, show me otherwise, other than some technical point that because he
wasn't a Brahman, he wasn't authorized to have the role he assumed.

I'm not saying that things didn't get a little topsy turvy in the last 15 years
ago, because I think they did, but I'm still riding the wave of what I got. And
yes, I got my money's worth.

When did Marshy ever change? He told the same old story for decades and lied
every time he told them.