 John, my point in replying originally was -- and is -- that I don't believe
any of this guff you're spouting about "science." I think your interest in this
subject is completely driven by your belief in the childhood notions of "God
the Creator" you were taught in your youth, and that you're still desperately
trying to prove these myths "true." The bottom line of most of the new
cosmological theories you've presented is that one universe gives rise to the
next, a sequence that goes back infinitely because there was never a
"beginning" to infinity.

 I think you're just uncomfortable with a universe that was never created. I
think -- as I said earlier -- that you are intensely uncomfortable with the
notion of an eternal universe that has always been and thus never "required"
being created. I think the *reason* you're uncomfortable with this concept is
that it would obviate the need for any "first creation" and thus for a
"creator."

 In short, I think you're a lot like the people who search around on
mountaintops looking for wreckage of a boat so they can "prove" the myths about
Noah's ark "true." I get it -- you have a need to believe in the myths you've
been told about God, and you try to project that need onto every new scientific
discovery, hoping to find something -- ANYTHING -- that you can glom onto to
allow for the possibility of a "Creator factor." Your very comment that started
this thread was, in fact, "My question primarily is: what caused the Big Bang?"
I don't think you're looking for the "what" -- I think you're looking for the
"Who."

 I'm just pointing out that none of this new research really seems to point to
a "beginning" of the universe. It points instead to an endless successions of
"Big Bangs" that are in reality just the result of the previous one. And so on,
forever.

 But if it amuses you to try to "prove" the existence of this God thing you
believe in, carry on. Just don't think you're fooling anyone about what your
intent really is. In my book you're as much of a "scientist" as the crazy
people who believe that dinosaurs lived during the time of Jesus. Or the "TM
scientists" who start with an assumption -- that things are "really" the way
that Maharishi described them -- and then try to "work the data" to make it
seem true. That isn't science, in their case, or in yours. It's allowing the
theory to drive the data, not allowing the data to drive the theory.

 bawee has either been coerced by the "lurking reporters" to respond like a
jerk here in his post or he is a jerk. I'm pretty sure the lurking reporters
are getting a good kick out of seeing how far they can use bawee as their
puppet, how far they can make him prostitute his character just so he can feel
like he is of some use to sadistic "reporters" still, apparently, needing test
subjects here at FFL. I've pretty much figured out everyone here, how long is
it going to take for the "reporters" to figure out everyone's psychiatric
profile? They've certainly got bawee figured out (man who can be bought with a
few pieces of silver).