On 6/21/2014 9:29 AM, TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
I think this is a great essay. But then, I type fast.

This subject has come up before. I took /Speed Typing/ in High School and /Keyboarding//1, 2, and 3/ at a community college. I've been playing /Letter Invaders/ for a few years to increase my typing speed. Most positions in business, such as administrative assistant, require the candidate to be able to type at least 55 words per minute, which is quite fast if there are no errors. I knew a guy once who was a temp working in IT who could key in 100 WPM, but he was a gamer and an avid chat room participant too.

The best keyboards for Windows 8 fast typing are standard keyboards with mechanical key switches. Some of the worst keyboards are found on small laptops. It's almost impossible to perform very fast keying on a laptop sitting at a crowded cafe when you've been drinking a lot of cheap wine and smoking weed and trying to check out the women at the same time. I mean, the guy I knew that typed so fast was a nerd, /but not that nerdy in public./ Go figure.

The Top 10 Best Keyboards:

https://medium.com/message/the-joy-of-typing-fd8d091ab8ef