At this point I feel this becomes a communal question for the meditating
community here in Fairfield. What to do with spiritual people coming here as
meditators? I meditate in the Golden Dome and of course that is a closed
program as it is defined but I will check around to see how it fairs for the
lowly meditator here. -Buck

 Jim, welcome back;
 I would suspect that you could walk in to some churches here and sit to
meditate. Like heck, what good is a Peace Palace for anyway if someone could
not walk in and take 'quiet time' there? The times I have been visiting in
California I have been able to walk in and meditate with the SRF in their group
meditations. They have a short statement which says something like, 'we
practice a silent meditation and you are welcome to sit with us so long as you
do not interrupt or disturb our practice'. Thank you. That would take a lot of
courage for the TM community to master. But, something short of that there must
be something developing for meditators who pass through. It is becoming more
and more common, that mediators are showing up. -Buck

In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <jimonthemove@...> wrote :

 Hi Folks. My spouse and I are visiting FF in a couple of weeks. We both were
involved in the TM movement throughout the 80's to about 1994 (in Fairfield
from about 1989-1994), but have had zero involvement with the movement since
then. We have continued with TM (not the sidhis) over the past 20 years as we
raised a family, ran a business, and such.

 Anyway, we are now at that time when family are on their own and we're
thinking of what's next for us. From what we've read about Fairfield, it seems
that it might be worth checking out (thus our upcoming visit).

 My question for anyone here who might have some information: Is there any
'unofficial' group meditation program (TM) in Fairfield on a regular basis?
We're assuming that 1) because we have no-one to recommend us (which at least
was the way it used to be way back when) and 2) because we are both TM teachers
who don't practice the sidhis, we will never be allowed to join any 'official'
movement group meditations. Also, for many years we have been practicing 40
minutes of TM twice a day (not 20 minutes).

 Any information or leads would be appreciated.

 Since I found this group a week ago, I've been browsing here and there. There
seems to be quite a range of opinions about TM/the movement/the politics, etc.
(to put it mildly...:).  We left all of that many years ago so we have no
interest in those conversations, but we appreciate what Maharishi gave us and
are very happy with TM.

Best,
Jim

              • ... emptyb...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]