On 6/27/2014 11:13 PM, s3raph...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

What you say about the Langudedoc is suggestive. I'm aware of the attempts to link the Cathars with the rise of the troubadours and involvement of Eleanor and her daughter with the development of the courtly love tradition. But the fact that the graft didn't *take* suggests that Christianity is at heart a patriarchal set-up. Trying to feminise it ends up emasculating it and it loses its power. It's as silly as trying to "masculinise" a cult of Isis - you'd just end up with a butch and unappealing goddess. (Yes, I'm aware of Durga and Kali and of Minerva and other female goddesses that kick butt but it's the nurturing-mother goddess archetype we need.)

The early Gnostic Gospels have no hesitation describing the relationship between Mary Magdalene and Jesus. It's unlikely that the Lagudedoc townsfolk would have access to the Gnostic Gospel, so how do we account for the presence of Magdalene legends at Beziers, Maxim, and Provencal? It must have been a powerful legend to cause the entire Catholic Inquisition to be formulated just to root them out. Catharism was apparently the State religion of Languedoc. Herein lies a secret - what is the secret knowledge of the Magdalene? Baphomet?

On 6/27/2014 9:01 PM, s3raphita@... <mailto:s3raphita@...> [FairfieldLife] wrote:

    Why try to make Christianity more "feminine"? It is surely a lost
    cause - even women priests don't have the nerve to call
    themselves "priestesses" which is an honourable name and calling.
    Isn't it more promising to *supplement* the Christian faith with
    a goddess cult with its own rituals? Astarte on Fridays and
    Christ on Sundays makes one a whole human being.

    There is the Languedocian legend of the 'Queen of the South',
    (Reine du Midi), the title of the countess of Toulosue, the
    protectrix, identified with the Syrian goddess Anath who in turn
    is closely linked with Isis and the bird-footed Lilith. Yet
    another legend is the Meridiana to whom was conveyed the secrets
    of alchemy to Gerbert d'Auriliac. The name Meridiana is derieved
    from 'Mary-Diana' thus linking the Magdalene legends in the South
    of France.

    Lagudedoc was also home to the Knights Templers in Europe. It's
    interesting that Bernard of Clairvaux, the founder of the Templers
    Rule, was devoted to the Magdalene and to the Black Madonna.
    Bernard commended the knights to the 'obedience of Bethany', the
    castle of Mary and Martha. Bernard is also noted as the founder of
    the Blessed Virgin Mary at Notre Dame (Our Lady), i.e., Magdalene.

    The Templers oath was to 'God and Our Lady', not to the Virgin,
    but to the Magdalene. The Templers were preoccupied with the idea
    of the feminine mystery!

    Olivia Robertson (who died last November) was high priestess of
    the Fellowship of Isis, a spiritual organisation devoted to
    promoting awareness of the feminine aspect of the divine. This
    trailer is for a documentary (which I've seen and recommend) on
    her life.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1PFYQOn4DI

    • [Fairfield... s3raph...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]