I've taken workshops on Nadi astrology. Nakshatras are icing on the cake and not the cake itself. Foolish astrologers like use them to look sophisticated when real astrologers just use simple techniques. Regarding Nadi astrology there is a system in it of apply 9 years to each of the planets from birth instead of using dashas. Given there is research confirming recurring 80 year cycles found for over a millennium there might be something too it. But you can always apply it to charts and see if it plays out.