United States Constitution First Amendment:

 Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or
of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition
the government for a redress of grievances.

 I am not against the first amendment, but it does contain some logical
problems. The U.S. Government cannot pass laws to promote a religion. On the
other hand free exercise of religion does not contain the problem when free
exercise of one religion impinges on other religions or citizens who are not
religious. Religions, given the chance, would love to have laws promoting their
dogmas. The desire to limit availability contraceptives is largely based on
religious belief. Same with abortion. At the state level attempts to pass such
laws are going on all the time. Technically this does not prevent a state from
establishing a state religion, there have been some (I think Connecticut had
one at one time), but as history shows religions really prefer to be exclusive,
just look at the Mideast these days, or to European history for Christianity,
or to those people promoting TM vigorously.

 A number of countries do have state religions: State religion - Wikipedia, the
free encyclopedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_religion

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_religion

 State religion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_religion A state religion (also called an
established religion, state church, established church, or official religion)
is a religious body or creed officially endorsed by t...

 View on en.wikipedia.org http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_religion
 Preview by Yahoo

Personally I do not desire to be induced to believe in, or pretend to believe
in, unproven metaphysical claptrap. Where there is no rationality and
possibility of proof, the only means of really securing conformance to a
belief, if the gullibility of a population cannot be manipulated, is threat and
weaponry.

 United States Constitution Second Amendment:

 A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the
right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

 The only problem with this amendment is the first part 'A well regulated
militia, being necessary to the security of a free state' which seems to refer
to state militias. That is gun control, should it exist, would be under the
province of each state under laws concerning a state militia, and this seems to
not have worked out mostly; it has had a very spotty past. Theoretically this
does not prevent a state from instituting strict gun control laws under the
umbrella of a state militia, the federal government may not do this however.

 So, you're against the first amendment. I would bet you're also against the
second amendment. Any others? BTW, Hobby Lobby only opposed providing two(maybe
four) *birth control* drugs and that was because they induced abortion. Their
position was that if the government insisted that women have them, then let the
government pay for them. They have provided nineteen other birth control drugs
through their insurance plans for years. Yet the liberal media and fellow
Democrats cry that Hobby Lobby and the Supreme Court are denying women
contraception. No, they only say they will not pay for them, get them on your
own dime.

 On Monday, June 30, 2014 2:21 PM, "anartaxius@... [FairfieldLife]"