> > have

> > > So if Maharishi called Farrokh to Holland or called him on the
> > phone
> > > and said , you should charge 2,500 for every instruction and
you
> > > should get recertified, do you think he would accept
Maharishi's
> > > instruction.....as a devotee that is, as he appears very much
> > be
> > > devoted.
> > >
> > > OffWorld
> > >

> > ****************
> >
> > The problem is, Farrokh had a successful program going with
those
> > Missouri judges using TM in sentencing at a couple hundred a
pop,
> > and when the judges balked at $2500/pop, Farrokh had a real
problem:
> > either lose much of the judges interest in TM, or go on his own
> > teaching TM independently. He chose the latter, and there is a
> > possibility that not only is the price different, but other
> > compromises may have been made when Farrokh "adapted" TM into
his
> > program:
> > "The Transcendental Stress Management program is an adaptation
of
> > the Transcendental Meditation program for rehabilitation and
> > criminal justice reform."
> >
> > http://enlightenedsentencing.org/about-us.htm
> >
> > The judge that is supposedly the head of this Transcendental
Stress
> > Mgmt program is not a TM teacher, so it's unlikely that all the
TM
> > guidelines are being followed. The TMO invited the judges to the
> > conference to try to talk them into abandoning their effort,
most
> > likely, but that's probably not going to work. Farrokh was not
> > invited because the TMO probably saw him as being irretrievably
off
> > track because he told the judges how to teach imitation TM.
> >

> Bob,
>   Do you know that the judges are teaching imitation TM or is
> Farrokh just doing the initiating for a reduced fee? I suspect the
> latter but I'm only guessing...
>
> JohnY

**********

I don't know what they are doing -- that's why I used the
word "probably" several times. However, in the absence of a specific
statement by the TESP people, maybe they dumped the puja in addition
to the TMO-mandated fee. I may be overreacting to the prominent
display of Judge Mason's photo at the top of the site (
http://enlightenedsentencing.org/about-us.htm ), which would
indicate to me that non-TM teachers are driving the organization,
and might think that the puja is not essential to teaching TM. Some
posters here have indicated an interest in contacting Farrokh --
maybe we'll hear an explicit statement about whether TESP is TM at a
lower price, or modified in some way.

I'm a little unhappy with the fact that old statements about this TM-
in-sentencing thing have been changed to only talk about
the "Transcendental Stress Management Program":
"By significantly increasing stress-coping ability, enhancing
clarity of thinking and enhancing self-esteem, the Transcendental
Stress Management program supplements traditional rehabilitative
programs.  It helps students develop internal counseling "on the
streets" to support the external counseling received in traditional
programs."

Hon. Judge David  C. Mason
May 7, 1997

**
Originally, this statement said the "Transcendental Meditation
Program," not TESP, and there was concern among the judges about the
puja:

http://www.mum.edu/TheReview/96-97/10-30-96.html#judge

Bob
http://geocities.com/bbrigante